Skip to main content

Why I will vote for Mary Catherine Roberson for Vermilion County, Illinois Clerk

I will note that I am currently serving a two-year term as an election judge in my home county of Vermilion County, Illinois, and I may be asked to serve as a poll worker in the March 20, 2018 primaries here in Illinois. If I am asked to serve as a poll worker in the primaries here in Illinois this year, I will do so to the best of my ability and in an impartial manner in accordance with Illinois state laws. This blog is completely separate from any election judge duties that I may have in the spring of 2018.

However, I am also a registered voter here in Vermilion County, and I will publicly mention that I intend to vote for Mary Catherine Roberson for Vermilion County Clerk. As far as I know, Mary's campaign lacks a website or a Twitter page, although her campaign does have Facebook and Instagram pages.

Mary is, like me, a progressive Democrat and a lifelong Vermilion County resident who strongly believes in the right to vote. Mary is a critic of the now-dissolved Kobach Commission that was established by the Trump Administration in an effort to suppress the vote nationwide. If elected Vermilion County Clerk, Mary can be trusted to ensure that elections in Vermilion County comply with state and federal laws while protecting the rights of Vermilion County voters.

Comments